Friday, August 23, 2013

GDC Europe 2013 - My rough diary (Tuesday)

Like I promised before, here's "Part 2" of my GDC Europe 2013 experience! :)

Tuesday, 20th of August

Well, as I said in my previous entry, I got up at 5:00 a.m. again, since I had to attend to our team meeting at 8 o'clock. Victoria (who was our 'boss' this year) told us that lots of people went up to talk to her about us the day before. When she stated that, everyone got a little nervous, since everyone was expecting some bad news and black marks, or even reproaches... but luckily, those people obviously really just wanted to give some kudos to us?! Well, at least Victoria said that they just wanted to talk to her about that the team was so helpful and friendly, and that she should carry those compliments.
Even though this was rather a weird thing, of course everyone was totally happy about those news! I mean, how awesome's that? ヽ(;▽;)ノ 

Anyway, when I had some freetime right after the meeting, I met up with Caro to have a walk to Cologne city center, where we had some breakfast together (or at least I had breakfast, Caro decided she wasn't hungry, so she just ordered a drink ^^; )☆ 





Unfortunately, time passed quite fast and so we headed back to Deutz to be in time for my shift. On Tuesday, it was "Google Day" :') The "Rheinsaal" was totally dedicated to Google's presentations,  which means that any attendee was able to visit those presentations during the whole day. Actually, I think most of their presentations sounded quite interesting (for example "Acquiring the Most Valuable Users for Your Game" by Joel Berger, or "Measuring and Optimizing Games using Google Mobile App Analytics" by Kristoffer Oloffson)). Unfortunately, I wasn't able to attend to any of them, because of my shifts :'( 




By the way, I met someone quite interesting! His name is Johannes Vuorinen (Frogmind) and he's one of those who're responsible for "BADLANDS". I want to be honest, I usually don't play any games on mobile device, but I totally fell in love with this game because of its design and that's the reason why I actually thought I'd should give it a try (It totally reminded me of "Limbo", by the way !) So it was so amazing to meet one of those who're involved!!  Whatever - he just stopped, while he was actually passing, to talk to us for a while. He's just such a nice guy :) I know he won't ever read this for sure, but I just want to say "thanks!" for the nice chat anyway ヽ(●´∀`●)ノ  


(Screenshot "BADLANDS" by Frogmind)


By the way, after that, some more people also started talking to us while they were passing - but most of them were some of the Media-guys. Anyway we had so much fun on Tuesday, because everyone already knew us since the day before, and were obviously surprised and kinda happy to see us again :) So even if they were in a hurry, they left some nice and/or funny comments.

Well, that's it for Tuesday, actually. Nevertheless I want to express some gratitude to my co-workers, like Mckenzie (again :') ), Vicenzo, Caro, Jackson, Mareike, Christian and "Jane" :') Especially because some of you cared about us so much, and supplied us with RedBull, coffee and pastries, when we weren't able to leave (๑´ڡ`๑)

Even if there was another party at the evening, I decided not to go - just because my feet were killin' me already, and I had some sleep to get... |D

No comments:

Post a Comment