Sunday, October 20, 2013

Flashback Japan Sept/Oct 2013: Bye bye, Germany!

As you might have noticed, I didn't find a lot of time to blog in between (okay, I want to be honest - I actually had some time in the evening, but it was impossible to format my blog entries and I really didn't want to mess it up too much ''orz ). So I decided to blog afterwards - which is, well, now! :')  So you will find all my Tokyo 2013-entries in my "Flashback"-section again ☆ I hope you won't mind D':

Additionally, I want to say SORRY for not posting contemporary, but I was (and am) still very busy due to the new semester and my coming up internship in Tokyo in 2014. It's still lots of things to do... ''orz

__________

Well, we had to leave quite early because our flight already went at around 11:50 from Düsseldorf airport. Anway, our train was in time (yehaw!) and checking in was totally easy and smooth! We didn't have to wait for long at the counter either - I'm not sure whether that was because of Etihad...?

Nevertheless, after we spent some time lurking around at the shops (where we didn't buy anything of course - would that even make any sense??) we decided to go to our gate. Boarding started quite early already, but as I said, we were totally in time for everything :')



(In front of the smoking lounge :'D )

(Bought some Vio at the airport, so I could drink it whenever I wanted |'D )

When we boarded, I already was so flashed by the plane. I mean, of course, it's just another airbus (I think it was a 333? ), but we had some GREAT headphones, cuddly blankets and such a great selection of movies! (See pictures below ❤)




(This was our menue for the flight to Abu Dhabi. Until now, I never experienced such 'tasty' meals while traveling via plane! Either I was with the wrong airlines, or I was just unlucky as hell, haha (^^ゞ )


(As you can see, I decided to eat the chicken! I was so surprised that it even looked like actual meat, haha :') )




(This was a snack for "in between". Doesn't sound and/or look special at all, but I was surprised how tasty it was!)
 

(Our first view of Abu Dhabi! )



When we arrived at Abu Dhabi Airport, I was totally amazed! Of course it was a great thing to see the sea and the desert at the same time, but also the airport itself is really pretty. Fortunately, the airconditioner worked totally fine - otherwise I think we'd melted m(_ _)m  It still was like 35°C at around 08:00 p.m. (the time when we arrived there), so you can imagine how it felt being there!  


(Swarovski @Abu Dhabi Airport)







When we boarded, of course we got another menue - this time also in Japanese :') It was for dinner and for breakfast in the morning. Pictures are belo~w! ↓↓↓





We arrived at Internation Airport Narita around noon. It was such a great feeling to 'arrive' at last. Even though we literally sat ALL THE TIME, I think it's so exhausting to travel such long distances...! First, we decided to go to Yucho-Ginkou (Japanese Post Bank) to withdraw some money, and bought our tickets for the bus which should bring us to Shinjuku, where we booked our hotel ☆ 
It was around 26°C and sunny! Such a great welcome!



Our travel to Tokyo also took around 1:30, and of course we first had some rest at the hotel - like unpacking our suitcases, changing clothes and stuff. Afterwards, we went off to our "hood" (haha, I love calling it like that, to be honest...!) to buy stuff like shavin' gel (because I totally thought I don't need to bring this stuff from Germany) and other hygienic articles.
Additionally, I bought some sushi bento at Famima (Family Mart), which is a convenient store (they're literally located EVERYWHERE. Famima, 7-Eleven, am.pm. Newdays... just to name a few of them)





After eating, you can imagine we didn't go to a lot of places afterwards ^^; We checked the television programs and went to bed at around 10 p.m. already. We were just so tired BUT happy to be able to spend the night in a BED instead of just trying to sleep in a seat ☆ 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! Looks like you had a great journey to Japan, so I'm quite curious to read about your time there :)

    ReplyDelete