Tuesday, November 20, 2012

"Show one, show on" fashion show

Geez, my weekend was quite vivid! I went to Trier to visit a fashion show, in which one of the most lovely people I know participated ❤ 


We went there by train, because as a student it was totally cheap traveling with my student's train ticket (I knew that SOMETIME I'd stand to benefit from this, finally, haha!). Anyway we had a 5-hours-travel, which was kind of ... exhausting? I think it's interesting how traveling by train can be exhausting anyway, even though it's actually only sitting around doing nothing. But it was (^^ゞ 

Fortunately, there weren't any delays (whohooo!! This is totally uncommon, regarding the German trains! ) so we arrived as scheduled. We had a lot of spare time and decided to get something to eat before leaving to the location. The only "restaurant" (if you want to call it like that...?) which was on our way was McDonald's close to a clearway, and even though it was close to an adventure we finally arrived to get some small snacks there.


















As for a McDonald's restaurant, this one looked kinda fancy, I think! I personally had some "Chicken TS"-burger, I don't remember the explicit name, unfortunately...^^;; Anyway, when we arrived at the location ("Bobinet", which will be turned into modern offices and lofts in future), we already were able to meet "Sam", our friend ☆

[By the way, please check out her new and official Facebook page and leave a like!  I think she really deserves it! ❤ ]

She was so nervous..! And to be honest, we were like that as well. We saw some of her sketches before, but she worked really hard during the last months to realize lots of her outfits, just for this show... so I think you can imagine what the atmosphere was like. 

 


Every visitor got a program and some chocolate praliné, which was chocolately-chocolately |D Inside of the program there were some short introductions of the attending designers and - of course - also some photos of their works (since my scanner doesn't work that properly at the moment, I will hand them in later... I hope you don't mind! (/_;)).

Before I start explaining too much, I decided to just upload some of the photos I took during the show :) 
















I'm sorry that the solution is quite fuzzy, but we just had second-row seats and the light wasn't that good for taking photos with a mobile phone... _ _! If you want to view some quite pretty shots, just visit ArtEO's facebook gallery, since he had the possibility to take some professional shots during the dress rehearsal. Anyway I will edit some of the photos during the next few days and add them to this entry - I wanted to do this today, but I was at University until late and now I must confess that I'm just too tired and lazy to do so .___.!

But... well. It was so touching to see Sam's pieces being presented, since I know she worked so hard - and it finally paid off. It just felt like a huge happy ending.

Afterwards, we decided to go to her home instead of partying at the official after-show party. We had some spaghetti for dinner - and Sam bought some beer to celebrate the evening when we called it a day ☆



Since we all had important schedules the next day, we decided to skip sleep and to stay awake until our train left. Which was 5:44 a.m. (!!). Lucky, we didn't have a long walk to the station (*´▽`*) 

Inside of the train, we all tried to sleep, which... kinda failed, to be honest, haha...! But at least Sam had some time to relax and sleep until she had to get up to help dismantling at the backstage.

1 comment:

  1. I'm still more than happy that all of you came to the show, yet sad that time went by so fast ;_; ♥ though I'm thankful for the time we could spend together!
    Thanks so much for this beautiful entry, take care and hopefully see you again soon ♥

    ReplyDelete