Monday, October 22, 2012

Flashback: Shibuya 2012


Ouf, it’s hard to decide where to start this post… ^^ I really like Shibuya - especially because even Shibuya represents Tokyo in a very nice way, in my opinion at least... 

Most people only know the "crowded" places in Shibuya, thinking that it's just flashy and full. Anyway, even Shibuya has some very calm streets and roads. We found them because we used another exit at the station - so actually, it was like a "back entrance"... ^^  We went to Shibuya several times, but as I said, I'll kinda "sum it up" for you instead of trying to reconstruct the routine of those days one by one. 


Nevertheless, here we go!

Shibuya Station:

The very popular Hachiko-Statue in front of Shibuya's Train Station ☆
Almost everything is dedicated to Hachiko at Shibuya Station..! It's cute, isn't it? .o.? 



Matcha Cream Frappuchino. Hell, yes, I really think that they need to sell it in Europe as well !! (The yellow one is "Mango Cream Frappuchino", by the way! ♪~(´ε` )) 



As I told you, here are some pics of the "calmer parts of Shibuya" :) I really liked the atmosphere, to be honest. It's on the back-side of the Station and it took almost one hour to get to the front entrance by using the walkways. 











Disney Store Shibuya:

If you're heading off to "Tower Records" (where I bought my heidi.-CD in 2009, which was freshly released that time (b´∀`)ネッ!), you'll pass a store which you REALLY should pay attention to. The Disney Store in Shibuya! You'll absoluetly notice it, because it looks so different between all those big skyscrapers. 




(Doesn't it look kinda surreal?)

So, as a Disney-Fan, I really recommend going inside. It's absolutely worth it ☆ Of course, you can buy almost everything dealing with DISNEY. Plushies, figures, several interior... and even costumes. If you're planning to visit Disneyland Tokyo or Disney Sea, I'd also recomment to buy your park tickets here! It will be much more comfortable if you can just pass the long waiting lines in front of the counter at the park itself (which we didn't do, unfortunately, because we visited the Disney Store AFTER we visited Disney Sea _ _! (Of course I'll show you some pics of Disney Sea later, too! ^^ )).
Anyway, besides all that stuff which is available to buy, I also think that the store's design is totally lovely and full of nostalgia.  I'm sure you'll recognize those sceneries without any hints, do you ;)








"Hotel Chelsea". I almost 'broke down' seeing this, since we were invited to play a concert there. We couldn't attend because our previous vocalist didn't want to play any concert in Japan... (-_-メ) I'm sorry for that, especially for those people who already said they'd come to see us performing there._.! But, of course, as soon as we get a new and constant vocalist, we'll try to re-take the chance (´;ω;`)ウッ… 



Some advertisment at the station. I personally didn't watch "Ouran High School Host Club", but since several friends loved the Dorama, I took a photo of this ad |D It looks so... Japanese, haha! 


Doraemon and Dorami! We got it as a present in the "Happy Set" (= Happy Meal). We even were allowed to chose the figure (^^ゞ And I really can understand the waitress who needed to laugh a lot while we ordered our meal. I'm not sure whether lots of grown-up people buy Happy Sets in Japan, so this might have been quite a strange situation for her... (b´∀`)ネッ!



And here are some random pics that I took on my way to the hair dresser ☆ I'm sorry that I forgot his name, but the salon's name was a french guy's name (even though the owner and his son, who were the only stylists there, were Japanese). 
I took some more photos of the Shibuya Square in 2009, but I think that there are enough photos of that on the internet already ^^;;  If you're interested in photos of the Shibuya Square, or especially how it looked like  in September 2009 (or even March 2012), please leave a comment :) If there's any interest, of course I'll hand it in later afterwards ☆ 






No comments:

Post a Comment