Sunday, August 12, 2012

GDC - First Day

Geez, I'm totally tired now!! I didn't expect this first day to be that exhausting, actually...!

I only slept about 3-4 hours, my train was late and additionally they sent me to the absolutely wrong room. I am totally lucky my boss is so lovely and understanding...!

Anyway, we stuffed some tote bags and were introduced to our tasks. I already had some nice conversations with some of my co-workers! ☆

One of them was from Berlin, another one from Finland, another one from China and one even came a very long way from Australia!!
We got to know each other during the lunch, and worked closely later so we could have some little conversations in between and afterwards.

I'm on my way back home now (finally) and unsure whether I should attend tonight's speaker party, because I really just want to chill out and/or take a bath (actually I'd really love to go, but I'm aware of that I need to work for three more days...!!).
So I'm not sure if staying in a bar 'til late night and drinking is such a good idea if you got to get up early the next morning and work all day long until 7 p.m.
Anyway, I don't know which great people will be there, next to my co-workers, I mean.....?!

I'll decide that as soon as I came home, drank 3 liters of cold water and took a hot shower at least.

I will get my walkie-talkie tomorrow. Geez, that sounds like being a total security man, doesn't it! (haha....)
This grey shirt will be my "uniform". It says "GDC Europe Staff" - and on the left shoulder there's a little badge, saying: "Ask me, I can help!" which I actually wouldn't sign at the moment... hahaaa~ |'D
(I just lied. We'll be busy, I think. Fortunately, the conferences are just inside the eastern CC-hall, so I'm 99,9% sure about that I'll keep a good overview on everything! :') ).




(Sure, it still looks very empty. But there are several halls in which they're already working like GamesCom would already start tomorrow!  Don't forget to check out hall 7 if you visit GamesCom2012, because it already looked so flashy even if it wasn't finished yet! )

2 comments:

  1. Oh die ist in Köln?
    Ist ja gar nicht weit weg! :D
    Mal sehn ob ich wen finde, der mit hin mag sonntags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, in Köln/Messe! :)

    Direkt neben dem Bahnhof Deutz! ^_^V

    ReplyDelete