Thursday, August 16, 2012

GDC - Last Day

Geez, I'm done for now!
I'm sitting here, writing this blog entry with... well, let's say 'mixed' feelings. On the one hand, I'm so happy to have finished my duty on GDC, because it was a very hard time and I'm just...done. On the other hand, my team was such a great team and we laughed so much together, had great conversations and they were, well, I don't find another fitting word for that: great. My boss is also such a lovely person... and I know that I won't see at least 99% of them all until next year, because they're living abroad.

Anyway, this experience was priceless.

Boring me being boring |D

But, to start writing about this day's routine, I want to interrupt my 'nostalgia' (haha, may I call it 'nostalgia' already at all...?), here's what I experienced on my last day at GDC Europe.

I went to bed quite early the evening before, because I was tired as hell and my feet were killing me literally. That's why I woke up at around 8:00 a.m. already, even if my shift just started at 4 p.m. ... So I decided to watch some TV ("Malcolm in the Middle" and "Scrubs") while I was threatening my feet so I would survive the day. Someone gave me some "aromatic skin oils" before, so I wanted to try that on my feet. Actually, it helped quite fine! They still did hurt, but kneading my feet with it helped indeed to decrease the pain a lot (I'm sorry by the way, I also feel totally strange to write about my feet so much. Especially because I personally really don't like feet... %___% ).

My plan was to visit GamesCom before I take my shift, but when I hasted to the bus, it came out that it (which means: the bus) was FAR too late. So I didn't catch my train in time. That's why I decided to keep going by bus to the next town, where I could spend some time buying some food, a drink and new cigarettes.

I love apple turnovers!

Around 5:30 p.m.
Unfortunately, that's why I couldn't visit the GamesCom before my shift - so when I arrived at the venue, I just went to our office where they said it won't be that busy today due to the conferences would end today. Actually, we didn't have any other tasks then to be some kind of "security", so GamesCom visitors couldn't enter the GDC area, but we evolved into an information center quite quickly |D ! Lots of visitors asked us about the lifts, about where to get their catalogues, directions etc. It was quite fun because they all were so nice and hearty!

And then, there was a huge surprise for me: Spellbound's president came to me (I think because he recognized me) and asked me whether I could help him, because he somehow lost his laptop. Fortunately one of my mates (who was actually already quitting shift) took my place so I could take a look at the control room to ask for that laptop. It wasn't there, but they said they'd ask at all the lost-property offices to find that laptop. Et voilá! On the way back home, Spellbound's president came to me again, just to tell me that he got his laptop back. He was so thankful for that, even if I just did such a small thing .__.!

Quite half an hour later, our boss passed. She was so surprised that the workers already almost finished dismounting the conference rooms, so she said "They're almost ready!? Omg, why you guys are still working then? Please feel free to do whatever you want to!" At first I was like "WTF!?", but , yes, she couldn't have known, could she...^^;; 

Of course we finished our shift then and said "Good Bye" to all those other workers who were working with us since last Saturday. Same as I said before: with mixed feelings...

Buuuuut! We were allowed to attend the Gree Aftershow Party, to which we directly went ;)


At GREE Aftershow Party! ☆
At GREE Aftershow Party(´ω`) 

I left earlier (even though I wanted to go back early) to see some halls of the GamesCom before it would be crowded from tomorrow. I didn't manage to do so, even though I just saw 2 halls T__T;!  But, ey - here are some expressions from my little walk (please don't forget that GamesCom was almost over, so it wasn't that crowded anymore).
















No comments:

Post a Comment